Wednesday, September 27, 2006

That thing about going to Hohhot

Today's not one of those days where the information gets better.

So I talked to Alice again. I knew I had to go to Hohhot. And I knew I needed to go somewhere tomorrow. But what I didn't quite get was that I need to go to Hohhot tomorrow.

Reasons that this is an issue: Russ has to take over class for me again. I have neither funds for the train nor for the exam itself. Russ has class soon and the train leaves early tomorrow, so he can't change money for me. Alice is really busy right now and it's inconvenient for her to accompany me, but I'll have a lot of trouble talking/arguing to/with the officials myself.

So now she's got to call all of her friends in Hohhot to see if they can meet me and be my guide, otherwise she'll have to come along, which is equally problematic.

I'm not sure what I've accomplished here other than taking a lot of extra time and money to deal with things like this. Gracious!

No comments: