Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Yay more hoops!

Aaaargh, guess what wonderful new trial has sprung up on me? This one was most unexpected.

Alice called me earlier today to ask if I had my medical exam form with me, to which I said yes, because I brought copies of every damn thing with me, thank goodness.

Hours went by.

I got a call from her just now saying that her uncle told her that my med for was outdated. And I'm like... but I just got it done in July. Everyone knows it was done in July, because we had to wait until July to get it all in. I was perplexed, because all the sheets from the various tests I took read July 24 and July 26. Then I was like "shit" because she was right. Next to his signature, for whatever mysterious reasons, he'd written 1/28/06. I very nearly fell over.

So I had to call Liu himself. He said that because the government is very touchy on the truth of documents like this, I will have to go to HOHHOT and have yet another examination!

This upset me for several reasons. The first of which being the chase that resulted in my exam form getting filled out the first time. The second of which being the massive charges these cost my uninsured body this summer. The third being the desire to not have my routine interrupted again. The fourth being the face that I might not be able to explain my way out of it. Aaaah, I'm making noises but I don't know how to type them!

So I started doing my laundry.

But ok, here's another thing. Who knew that this med form would be so important? I mean, Russ didn't even bring a copy with him. No one explained to me that this would become a legal document as important as my passport. No, I was under the impression that it was just a random string of red tape that I'd have to deal with in order to get my visa. Blah. That's it. I mean, my doc wasn't aware of the importance either. It's just like... never was it brought to my attention during this entire process, until TODAY, that anyone actually cared about the information of this form.

And one slip of the hand, and it's several months out of date. My only theories... maybe it was too early? I mean, the doc was running the office himsellf that day and I showed up first thing and wasn't the only person trying to get his attention. But I was looking at the paper, and I think that what actually happened was this. He wrote 7, but with a hook on the end. And the middle bar connecting the hook with the stem didn't copy. But having a stem that looked like a / just led him to continue writing the date without a /. Why do I think this? Because, just with the hook and the / it looks sorta like a 7. And also, when writing dates, his 1's tended to be longer. Unfortunately, he didn't have a reason to write any 7's on the rest of the form, so there's no confirmation to be had.

I'm giving my mom a call in a few hours, maybe she can chew him out a bit and get a few future exams for free for m'self.

I mean, really.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey it's taras, just testing the comment feature. that's so weird about the medical form. nice handwriting analysis, though. you should apply for CSI. speaking of TV shows, last night i dreamt that i was in the cast of Star Trek: TNG and that i helped them get out of trouble by noting that the nebular cloud they were stuck in was shaped like a fish, the same burnt space-fish whose (insanely huge) body was stuck on the outside of the Enterprise. and that someone was eating. go figure.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kat... thats pretty crazy! Sorry to hear about all the trouble you have to go through. Where is Hohhot in relation to where you are now? Anyway, keep up the blogging... its really great to read this stuff in digestible bites rather than in loooong emails. So... yay! Also, I think the blog could really become a mildly big thing, as i draw outside interest from readers, but i shouldn't jinx anything...