Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Honest to goodness US citizenship

Quick update: my new passport is at last in my possession. I just signed it and everything! No visa yet though, we're taking care of that on the 8th. Interesting fact though, the photograph seems much larger than I remember. In any case, it's a more recent photo, and looks a lot more like me. Strangely enough, it's also a much more attractive passport photo, which I wouldn't have believed possible. But like, the color of the paper and then the curvy lines running through it give it the illusion of looking nicer than the same photo on other documentation that I also now have.

I was also given my foreign experts certificate, and a certificate for a clean bill of health. Apparently after all that trouble, the docs were about to certify me as a Chinese citizen, but Alice caught that mistake. One good thing that came of this: I now know my blood type. For anyone who'd care to help me remember, it's B. Also, I know that at the time of the exam, I was still disease free and unquarantinable!

No comments: