Thursday, October 05, 2006

Some more on the bird flu

As it is my greatest fear (or maybe greatest plausible fear), I checked around for the news.

Here's what Xinhua news service and the China Daily reported: http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2006-10/02/content_5165748.htm

Nearly 1,000 chickens dropped dead from the flu and a crazy number were culled after them. The rest of the birds in the district are being innoculated, as I gather.

Additionally, it turns out that some of the doctors in my class have been busy throughout the holiday monitoring all fever patients for any connection to the outbreak. Connie, the doctor in charge of the class, said there's nothing to worry about. It was really weird to have the news confirmed by an actual doctor.

For anyone actually interested in flu news, another outbreak was reported in Yinchuan, the capital of neighboring Ningxia autonomous region.

Mmm, that's all. I'm way sleepy, man.

No comments: