Monday, November 13, 2006

Another dream

I opened my eyes this morning with the grand design of relating my epic thrills-a-minute schizophrenic dream here so that I could have access to it forever, but then the jerks upstairs applied a jackhammer/motorboat (nary an exaggeration) to the floor above my head and most of the dream just fell out of it. Then it was like some annoying child beating a wooden block repeatedly on the floor. I... have no idea what they're actually doing up there. It sounded like heavy construction work.

But, hah, I'm going to try anyways. Sorry!

So I'll start from the point that I remember more clearly. I was with Selina at a park/mall/theme park and there was some imminent danger from interdimensional forces... maybe Doctor Octopus? Anyways, there was a lot of cool stuff happening, lots of running around, but I wound up going back to the hospital where I worked. Buuut, at the hospital, I was held hostage. They really just enjoyed opening fire whenever, but I can't remember if anyone was killed. Just that there was some blood? So I got locked in a broom-closet type space where we kept a computer, an operating table, and some other medical equipment. It was well-lit, and I was in there with a few doctors and orderlies or whatever. We were climbing on top of stuff, looking for an escape (which could probably easily have been had by going through the ceiling tiles, but as much as the observer me shouted it to the active me, she never got it) when the people came in and told me that I could go out. Basically, I was given a nice dress and me and an unidentifiable guy could... go to dinner? They gave us like 3 bucks each for a cab. We got onto the revolving platform outside, and decided we'd save some of the money for ourselves by taking a bus instead. On the bus, he became a linguist. And there I met another linguist friend, who I apparently saw last in like a mall or something, which is really not true. Then, looking over, there were two other linguists I recognized. I opened my mouth and was like "it's like the linguistics bus." Tsk. Anyway, I related the story of how we'd been held hostage for a few days.

The next part I remember was on a beach. We were... body boarding, but the process for doing this was simply to run straight out into the water, put the board in front of you, stick your face under the surface, and skim until you have to come up for air. Away from the beach. Then you had to paddle back in. I was told that I was doing pretty well for someone who couldn't hold her breath underwater. This continued for some time, and there was some dramatic occurrence that took me down the beach, but I can't remember what that was. This was I think the 2nd beach scene in my dream.

Then, I was in my mother's bathroom in the old house, trying to brush my teeth, but there was a mosquito in the room that I was unable to kill due to my having the motor skills of someone who was in fact asleep at the time. So I chased it everywhere, slamming the wall with my hand generally about 6 inches away from the target. Then it wasn't me, but this woman with a baby and her husband applying black and white paint to her face. Recalling this scene makes me think that something much more interesting happened earlier on, but I can't remember what. Anyways, everything got very dramatic and ethereal and the air changed colors, the lighting changed, the music changed, and I think the mosquito died in the process, which was very satisfying to me.

No comments: