Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The diet that will shave years off my life

Or at least you'd expect it would. Saturday night, before my class, I made kimchi fried rice. Sunday morning, before my class, I ate the leftovers. For lunch that day, Alice made more kimchi fried rice. Monday there was no definable breakfast or lunch, but Alice made Korean niangao for dinner (which, to me, resembles a slightly spicy campbell's tomato soup with niangao and cabbage), then yesterday our lunch was, again, kimchi fried rice.

Today, I ended a 3 year moratorium on ramen by indulging in a bowl of Shin Ramyun, which had grown too enticing to resist. Watching Korean shows, seeing commercials, and then seeing the noodles themselves at the store really wore me down over the past couple months... and throw in all those train trips between this year and last summer where the other passengers were all eating ramen, and yeah. What's a girl to do? I do submit, though, that Shin Ramyun is a little different from like the $.15 packages of Maruchuan, which I've never been a fan of. While the spices might be a bit more caustic (like, my stomach hurts a little bit right now), it all just seems more like legitimate food. Maybe it's the dried vegetables or the runny nose that you get while eating it, but yeah... it's just different, and you'll know if you try it. I know Wegman's and Tops sell it, Jungle Jim's must. Do yourself a favor and try some Shin Cup today!

So yeah, I can feel my stomach lining melting away, and also my cells deteriorating from such a non-diverse diet. I'm not really complaining though, cuz it tastes so good.

No comments: