Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Know what's hard?

Doing dishes in the semi-dark, and I know, because I do it like every night. The light bulb in the sink portion of the kitchen blew out a few weeks ago, and I personally have no idea where to begin fixing it, and Alice has made no suggestions, so we live with it. Frankly, we use a lot less electricity this way. The only thing is that after cooking lunch or dinner, we're generally too rushed or lazy to wash anything right away, and so the dishes sit in the sink until night falls. Completely. If they're in the left half of the sink, I'm cozy enough to leave them until the morning. But if they're in the right side, the side I use to brush my teeth, I do them, often around midnight, by the light of the room next door. It's not hard because of any physical duress that I have to undergo, but rather because you can't do the job as well because, you know, you can't see the food. I'm a pretty thorough dishwasher regardless (always have been... I'm really the only person that I truly trust to handwash things really well, no offense), but... anyways, it's dark.

No comments: