Saturday, November 11, 2006

Dream dream dream

Had me a really... flavorful dream this afternoon. But it sounds like my class is here, so more later...

... Ok, 2.5 hours later, let's see if I can remember what I was going to say. The beginning part is a little bland, but it's worth it when you get to the hats.

So the beginning part is a blur, but I was engaged, to a dude with whom I had at least one kid. Only it wasn't me, it was some blonde woman. Only then they got into a conversation about how he wanted children, so then there was this confused moment that was like "wait... so we don't have kids?" Then she realizes that maybe she should tell him about her "problem," which I gathered precluded her from having children.

Ok, then I'm sitting in a theater, and I'm ecstatic because they've just come out with an X-Men film that was actually an accurate portrayal of the Dark Phoenix Saga, which was such an amazing storyline that the filmmakers were actually very foolish to completely ignore when they made the 3rd movie. So it was a cartoon. And there's Juggernaut? And then, no longer a cartoon, we're looking at this building that could be the mansion but probably isn't cuz it's in like prairie land. And then comes the arrival of hats from space. They are a variety of hats, notably cowboy hats, and sun hats, and baseball caps, etc. And they're sentient. From inside the mansion comes this herd of little football-shaped machines on feet (sneakered feet), clearly inspired by Batteries Not Included (that great 80s movie), and also maybe by the Roomba. They're also slightly reminiscent of Orko from He-Man. They all talk with cute little machine voices. They encounter the extraterrestrial hats. It's determined immediately that the hats mean no harm, and in fact, have come to save the Earth from a terrible threat. So the hats and the mechanical footballs join forces. Each football is fitted with a hat and somehow this turns them into the ultimate fighting machine, only they're still just little metal footballs with hats, eyes, and feet. They could have been McDonald's characters a la the Fry Kids. I'm somehow witnessing all of this from an apartment that has no food in it, and I'm wandering back and forth to the kitchen trying to find something to eat that's preferably of Western origin. I think I found a casserole of something on top of the fridge?

Anyways, the hat thing is one of my favorite things I've ever dreamed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's kinda funny, cuz this past Saturday night I dreamt that you came back into town suddenly and went creeking near the Renaissance Festival (which I happened to be attending.) I ran into you unexpectedly and we decided to go to this X-Men like film in this movie theatre that was bigger than life. But we missed most of it for some reason.

I guess I must miss your or something. Your package is coming to you soon!